Tuesday 1 November 2011

October Favourites


Products I have been loving or obsessing about throughout October ...

St Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub

My mum and I were browsing the local Chanel counter recently and had a conversation about skincare with the lovely Chanel assistant. She whispered that she uses St Ives Apricot Scrub. I have a habit of starting skincare routines and then kicking them very quickly and so I haven't exfoliated my face in a good while and so I knew I had to start again. I bought this from Tesco at around £3.00 so thought that was fairly cheap. It has a nice clean Apricot scent. The exfoliating beads can be quite harsh if rubbed too hard against your skin so I rub gently into the skin whilst having a shower and leave for a while and then rinse off. I have to say my skin has felt super smooth after each use (I only use twice per week as apparently exfoliating more than this is not good for your skin). After my first use though a day or two later I did breakout with two spots but since then nothing and I think with continued use my skin will be a lot cleaner and clearer.

Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover

This has been a favourite of mine for a good while but I am no stranger to trying other makeup removers but I always resort back to this one and it is definitely a HG product for me. This bottle would usually last me around 3 months and at around £14 per pop it is quite expensive but this I feel is worth it in my opinion as I wear a lot of eye makeup during the day and it does not pull on my eyes when removing. I simply dab some onto a cotton pad and leave over my eye for a few seconds and voila eye makeup nearly gone. It feels very gentle on my eyes and does not irritate at all. I just wish it was a bit cheaper!


Essie "Lady Like" Nail Polish - Brand New Bag Collection

This is such a pretty pinky grey creme nail polish that my friend Laura brought me back from NYC (thanks Laura). I have only used it for one mani so far but can tell this is going to be a fave of mine throughout the winter. I just love it and will no doubt be wearing it again very soon and WILL remember to take photos to post up on here.

Revlon "Facets of Fuscia" Nail Polish

Well the hype for this has been big and I have totally fallen for this polish being such a sucker for glitters that I am. I bought my bottle from Boots at the beginning of October. It is a lovely black base with large fuscia hex glitter and small fuscia glitter the base is very sheer and you have to apply around three coats for opacity. I prefer to layer over a black nail polish (this will also make the polish last for longer!)I usually use one or two coats over a black polish and I am currently wearing this as my pedicure. I done a tape mani with this polish and will post a photo of that. I am hoping to do a full manicure with this very soon as I love it so much! If you do not own this polish - you need it! Perfect for the party season!






LUSH "Lemony Flutter" Cuticle Butter

I had read reviews about this on MUA and in light of constantly removing nail polish with acetone etc I felt like my cuticles were in desperate need of moisturising. I think this cost me approx £6 from LUSH. This will certainly go a long way though as you only need to apply such a small amount. It literally melts like butter into your cuticle with the warmth of your hand. Feels very moisturising and the scent is very lemony which I like but I can see how it might be overpowering for some!



Have you tried any of these products? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment