Monday 21 November 2011

NOTD - PAA Lace Challenge - Essie Eternal Optimist

Good morning lovelies!

Today I am wearing a mani inspired by the Facebook Group Polish-aholics Anonymous. The group sets mani challenges which are set for Mondays and today's challenge is "Lace". As I have not long long just joined this is my first mani challenge - hopefully the first of many!

I was unsure where to start with this one as I thought a lace pattern could be tricky but then I remembered my good old Konad!

So for this mani I used Essie's "Eternal Optimist" - a lovely nude/peachy colour. This was one of my untrieds. It took two coats for full opacity but because I smudged a few I went over with a third layer also! The application was good too applied like butter! It has a lovely cream finish and it seems to remind me of a favourite of mine which is OPI's "Dulce De Leche". Anyways, so to create the lace effect I decided to use my Konad Stamping Kit and plate number m57. I used OPI "Alpine Snow" as the stamping colour and proceeded to apply to my nails. I decided to use a lace strip design across the tip of my nails and overall am pleased with the outcome. Although I would have been happier if the White would have shown up more but still it is my first attempt at this sort of thing and so I am happy :-)

What do you think of today's lace inspired mani?

2 comments: