Saturday 5 May 2012

NOTD - Ibiza Mix Jelly Sandwich Mattified

Hey lovelies! Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Today I am wearing OPI's "Don't Touch My Tutu" which is a sheer milky White jelly polish from OPI's NYC Ballet Collection 2012. I used three coats to achieve decent opacity and then I used Models Own's "Ibiza Mix" which is a glitter polish made up of teal, purple, copper, blue and gold glitters (soooo gorgeous!). I used one thick coat and then I topped with OPI's "Don't Touch My Tutu" which created the jelly sandwich effect!

I absolutely love this manicure and the photos do not do it enough justice! It is a super nude base with a stunning glitter and what could make that any better??? Well, what happened to show up on my doorstep today ... None other than Essie's "Matte About You" Topcoat from a swap I did. I have been wanting Matte About You for ages ad I had been using Rimmel's equivalent which just simply did not work for me in that nothing really looked matte when I applied it! So anyway long story cut short I used Matte About You on top of today's jelly sandwich and am so pleased with it it actually works and looks fab!!! If you don't have the Essie Matte About You, you need it!!! I can't wait to try this out over so many more mani's! I love this mani!

Below are photos are the same manicure glossy and then mattified!

What do you think? X

15 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! Now I want to play with mine, I mean Ibiza Mix, more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait to matte Ibiza Mix again! x

      Delete
  2. Totally makes me want the ballet collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure about the ballet collection at first but they are jellies - who was I trying to kid. I definitely need to have them all! x

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! I want Ibiza Mix, looks amazing in jelly sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It really is amazing and you need it in your life x

      Delete
  4. OOooh pretty, I have Ibiza Mix but haven't tried it matte yet, looks lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I preferred it matte. You definitely need to try it matte x

      Delete
  5. i really love this combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty combo, I actually think it looks better with the matte finish. I bet it didn't stay chip-free very long though with all those layers? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I preferred it matte too! Ha ha funny you should say that I chipped my thumb nail - a whole chunk of polish from the centre of my thumb within an hour of putting it on! x

      Delete
    2. Oh no, haha! That's the only downside with layering glitters they chip so easily :/ xx

      Delete
  7. Really loving how the Ibiza Mix looks. Im so tempted to purchase now
    x

    ReplyDelete