Monday 26 December 2011

PCF Christmas Challenge Day 25 - Christmas Day Mani

Merry Christmas Lovelies!

Sorry this post is a belated one but what with the festivities yesterday I simply didn't have time as was too busy enjoying my baby girl's first Christmas! I don't know about you, but I received some great polishes from family and friends which will take me a long way into the New Year! Hope you all were as spoilt as I was!

Well, I painted my nails on Christmas Eve ready for Christmas Day and for this mani I used OPI's "Speak For Your Elf" which is from the ULTA Exclusive Holiday Deck Your Nails Collection 2011. It is a red based glitter with lots of red micro glitter packed throughout. I knew this polish had to be used for my Christmas mani not just because of the name but how beautiful it looked in the bottle. I applied three coats to reach opacity as it is a sheer jelly. I had zero issues with application.

To spice this mani up a bit I decided to go for a gradient glitter effect again. For the glitter tips I used Color Club's "Gingerbread" from the Beyond The Mistletoe Collection 2011. This is a clear based polish with gold and holographic micro glitter - super sparkly! To create the gradient effect I brushed a thin coat from a third of the way down the nail. After that had dried I painted a thicker coat just a bit above and then after that coat dried I painted a thicker coat towards the tip end of the nail. To be honest I am not all that pleased as I think I could have done better as I was a bit too heavy handed especially when it came to painting my right hand! I do think this mani looks extremely festive though and I don't want to take it off it's too pretty!

What do you think? X

No comments:

Post a Comment