Friday 13 January 2012

NOTD - Barry M Bright Red

Hey lovelies!

Ok so lately I have been thinking that I should post more swatches of UK brands and I am going to try my best to blog about one or more each week and I will title each post with "British Nail Beauties" so they are easy to find.

So to kick off with the British Nail Beauties I have decided to go with a colour from the Barry M range. Barry M is an inexpensive brand priced at £2.99 per piece and can be purchased from Superdrug, Boots, ASOS or the Barry M website.

Today I am wearing "Bright Red" and the colour is ... Yup your guessed it ... Bright red with a jelly/creme finish. It is super shiny even without topcoat. I was pleasantly surprised that this polish is a one coater, however, as it has a jelly tendency it was quite sheer meaning you could still see visible nail line. I used two coats so as to achieve full opacity but on close inspection there is still visible nail line but barely noticeable and I really do not mind as I love the squishy look! Absolutely no application issues it was just flawless! This was the first time I have tried this red and in comparison to my OPI's and Essie's I think this is just as good! I am a sucker for glossy reds and this has totally wowed me as I was not expecting this!

What do you think? X

2 comments:

  1. I USE THIS COLOUR - ONE COAT AND THEN THE RED SPARKLE BARRY M, IT STAY ON FOR AGES. BOOTS HAVE GOT A GORGEOUS SILVER GLITTER FOR FREE WITH 2 BARRY M PURCHASES AT THE MOMENT - PLUS THE NO7 £5 VOUCHER FOR SPENDING OVER £5 = A CHEAP NO7 VARNISH TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning red I can't believe its took me so long to buy it and try it! Thanks for pointing that out about Boots. I already got that offer but before the voucher came out! Think it's a good excuse to go get some more Barry M's to swatch though! X

    ReplyDelete